||Specialty Liability Insurance
General Liability insurance does not protect your business against claims of professional negligence, or for failure to perform your professional duties. For this type of coverage, the business will need a separate Professional Liability policy.
Professional Liability Insurance protects your business against loss from a claim of alleged negligent acts, errors or omissions in the performance of your professional services.
The policy normally pays for any resulting judgments against you, including court costs, up to the coverage limits on your policy.
Employment Practices Liability
Employment practices liability coverage protects an employer against an employee's claims such as:
- Wrongful Termination; Sexual or Workplace Harassment; Wrongful Discipline; Age Discrimination; Violation of Employment Discrimination Laws; Violation of Americans with Disabilities Act; Wrongful Failure to Employ or Promote; Wrongful Deprivation of a Career Opportunity; Breach of Employment Contract; Employment Related Misrepresentation; Failure to Adopt Adequate Workplace Employment Policies & Procedures; Illegal Retaliatory Treatment Invasion of Privacy; or Negligent Evaluation.
- Employment Related Wrongful Infliction of Emotional Distress
The purpose of this insurance is to protect the corporation, directors, officers and employees from alleged employment-related wrongful acts. Some features to having this policy are Coverage for front/back pay, attorneys’ fees and compensatory damages, for punitive damages where insurable by law, for actual or alleged retaliatory treatment, varying retention's for class action suits or other claims, for emotional distress or mental anguish, no purposeful or intentional acts exclusion or reductions in force or mass layoffs exclusion.*
*Coverage varies from company to company.
Directors & Officers Liability
Directors and officers liability coverage protects directors and officers against claims alleging negligence, errors and omissions, misstatements, misleading statements and misrepresentations.
Most organizations have a general liability policy that protects its directors and officers against negligent acts that result in bodily injury or property damage. However, general liability does not protect against alleged wrongful acts or omissions, including breach of duty, which do not result in bodily injury.
Directors and officers coverage protects your executives from potential lawsuits resulting from key decisions or management practices-lawsuits that may target their personal assets.
A comprehensive Directors & Officers liability policy can provide the following:
Comprehensive D&O Insurance can:
- Directors Officers Committee Members Volunteers
- Trustees or Employees
Crime coverage can extend to those who may have access to your companies funds:
- Defend Prior Acts Defend Non-Monetary Damages Provide Duty to Defend Coverage Defend Libel, Slander & Defamation of Character
- Defend Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Wrongful Discharge
- Employee Dishonesty Money & Securities
- Forgery & Depository
Pollution / Environmental Liability
Environmental coverage generally falls into two categories. Errors and omissions coverage, also known as professional liability, protects a professional who mistakenly designs a facility that causes pollution in some way. Pollution incident coverage protects professionals on the job in case they cause a pollution incident by perhaps backing into a sewage pipe.
Policies for environmental consultants can feature broad coverage specifically tailored to the specific needs of a professional in the environmental field. Coverage may include pollution incident and asbestos coverage as well as retroactive coverage for eligible firms.